Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The First Bracelet is IN DA HOUSE!

Kiwiken left a comment telling me how difficult bracelets are for her. Well, I sure can't tell from the piece she created!


She chose to use the beetle picture as her inspiration and then created her own glittery-green polymer clay beads and came up with this fabulous bracelet:






Congrats on a job well done, Kiwiken. Your beads are really beautiful and thanks for participating in my buggy bracelet challenge!

KJ

P.S. Forgot to mention that Kiwiken is officially my 100th follower!! Hooray!! This is such a great milestone considering I started this blog in 2004 and kept plugging away at it even though I don't think anybody else read it until this year. And now look! 100 followers! Yay!

4 comments:

EmandaJ said...

Hi KJ,

I was inspired by the beetle photo too. I've posted my photo of my bracelet on my blog, Please check it out.

Emanda
ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

TesoriTrovati said...

Very cool! I love that she created the beads herself (and where can I buy them, I might add...um...after the bead diet has finished!)
Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SueBeads said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring my bracelet and sending some visitors to my one-week-old baby blog, that is so nice of you! :)
And thanks for posing this challenge, I'm having a lot of fun!

Cool, I'm your 100th follower? Didn't notice. Do I win anything? (just kidding) *g* I really just wanted to say that I love reading your blog :)

@Erin: I am very happy to hear that you like my beads! (is everyone on a bead diet right now? You, Lorelei, me as well... must be the economic crisis?)
I haven't sold any of my beads yet, and just a little jewelry with them. I'm currently thinking about starting a small shop on artfire, and if that works out, possibly move on to etsy. In any case it will probably be EU only at first... But the thought of seeing some of your lovely jewelry include my beads is thrilling, so that doesn't mean you couldn't always just contact me, whenever your bead diet is over, if you'd really like some of my beads ;)