Wednesday, February 04, 2015

More New Designs

In honor of Valentine's Day coming up soon, I thought I'd get my "heart" on with some romantic designs.  This grouping started with two pretty ceramic heart pendants and a pair of matching dove charms from Sandhra Lee.  Sadly, she seems to have moved away from doing any ceramics and is doing all felt and wearables now.


 
 
The first necklace features the larger heart pendant and the two dove charms. 


 
 
What I loved about these pieces was the surprising pop of lavender that bursts through the pinkish-rose glaze.  I thought it was so unusual. 


 
 
The supporting cast is played by some Czech glass lavender Picasso ovals, pinky-purple Czech glass flowers and tiny Swarovski crystals in the flower centers.  Links, wire, chain and clasp are all a mix of Vintaj and Patina Queen. 


 
 
Here's a close up of the flower bouquet on the side of the necklace. 


 
 
And a close up of one of the dove charms.
 
 
 
 
And a final view of the pendant.
 

 
 
The smaller heart pendant called for a more simple treatment so I used finer chain and few touches of pearls, crystals and vintage pressed glass rose beads.
 

 
 
Because this heart is smaller, it does not have the "love" inscription that the larger heart does. 


 
 
I also made this design shorter so that it could be worn as a companion to the other necklace if desired. 


 
 
Here's a final close up of the smaller necklace.  I haven't been able to come up with good names for either of these and am open to suggestions. 


 
 
Matching earrings feature the Czech ovals, flowers and Swarovski crystals.
 
There will be more again in the next day or so...I have quite the back-up to work through.  Hope you enjoy and watch for these on my Etsy site!
 
KJ

No comments: