Monday, July 20, 2009

Whew it's hot!

We spent the weekend mostly indoors, enjoying the A/C, thanks to the hot, and unusually steamy, weather outside.

Which means I actually got a bit of jewelrymaking done. Yay, me!

My mom has been bugging me for FOREVER to make something for her. This is in spite of the fact that I've made any number of things for her over the past few years which she has, um, forgotten about or returned to me for being "not quite right." Mom is, well, I guess you might say she's a bit "particular" about things. So, I'd kinda made a vow not to go down that road any more, but then I saw the gorgeous daisy pendants on Summers Studio Etsy site and I knew they'd be perfect for her.

So, this is what I made:




Mother-of-pearl shell disks, some Czech crystals and leaves and a bit of wire-wrapping.




Here's a closeup of the yummy pendant.




Here's a closeup of one of the smaller links. I added a Czech glass leaf to enhance the "floral" feeling.



One of mom's "issues" in the past has been length so this time I made the necklace adjustable. I added a yellow Czech glass flower dangle just for fun.



I'm extra happy with the earrings. I'm definitely going to have to see if I can get more of these daisy pieces and make more stuff with them. They're pretty cute!

I also got a TON of work done on my website which was good because I was about two months behind in updates. However, after reviewing this morning, I found a couple of boo-boo's that I'll have to fix tonight. I was pretty tired last night and my computer was being unusually slow so I finally gave it up and went to bed without doing as much of a proofreading job as I normally do.

Finally, sorry if the last post sounded kinda whiny about my lack of sales. I try not to do that, but I guess I was just feeling a certain amount of frustration and some of it "leaked." I decided over the weekend that I may try to sell some things through Etsy. I'd been avoiding doing that because I tried years ago to do it on eBay and had no luck. I felt like that particular market was just "glutted." I suspect the same may be true of Etsy - it's good for bead and component vendors but may not be as good for finished jewelry. Still, I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully, I'll have the store done later this week.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

KJ

P.S. I leave you with the quote of the weekend from my son who came running into my bedroom at 10 PM last night totally naked (don't ask me what happened to his pajamas - he had 'em on when he went to bed at 8:30) and announced loudly "I'M MR. BOUNCYPANTS!" and then went back to bed. Never a dull moment at my house, I tell ya!

5 comments:

dochoamom said...

Great necklace for mom... You would do well on Etsy.. a little encouragement... really enjoy your posts...

Mr. Bouncypants... lol

Silver Parrot said...

Thank you - appreciate it!

SummersStudio said...

What a lucky Mom! I think you could make Etsy work for you. Certainly, you've got great designs. Give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Silver Parrot said...

Thanks, LeAnn! I've got the store set up - am just trying to decide what items to list in it.

Mellisa said...

Your "quote of the weekend" totally cracked me up! I hope your mom likes the necklace, I know exactly what you mean about making jewelry for family members, my grandmother falls into the same category!