Okay, so that was the closest I could come to a Halloween-related Blog title. Since it's been such a long time since I was able to post, here's a quick re-cap of the last month:
1. Computer died.
2. Computer replaced.
3. New computer incompatible with old...er...ancient...er...pre-historic scanner.
4. New scanner purchased.
5. New scanner looks lovely sitting on floor of office for a month waiting to be installed.
6. Ex-husband arrested for domestic violence against his new wife of 3 months (yeah, THAT marriage was a good idea...not).
7. Fun (not) adjustment to becoming completely single parent with no time off for ANYTHING.
8. Discover I have ONE white eyelash on my right eye for no apparent reason. Wonder how long it's been there that I haven't noticed and how long it will be before the rest of them turn white.
9. Stomach flu (kid, not me)
10. FIRES! Our house safe, but kid's school at "ground zero" for Santiago fire and closed all week.
11. Despite items 1-10 above, find time to meet goal of finishing Halloween jewelry BEFORE Halloween. Have had this goal for the last 3 years, but have never been successful with it until now.
12. Got new scanner installed and scanned the new jewelry.
13. Gave the website a much-needed overhaul and posted the new jewelry for sale.
And here are the pics to prove it:
Whew! Are you sure it's only been ONE month since my last post? It feels like at least a year. And of course, Halloween is always a mixed blessing for me now. My second-favorite holiday (after Christmas), but also the anniversary of the worst 24 hours of my life. At least I will have the kid with me again this year which will help give me something positive to focus on. I was concerned about how I would handle being alone on that date without him.
Well, that's about it. Hopefully, it won't be another full month before I have anything to post again! Hope everyone has a wonderful "trick or treat" time this week!