Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's Jewelry-licious!

Note to self: Stop listening to KIIS-FM. Too much Fergie is bad for the brain (apparently).

I was able to make up some earrings over the weekend and thought I'd post some pics (Sparkle - all of these should be in the mail to you today).

The earrings in this picture feature hand-painted ceramic beads as focal points and I've added Bali vermeil spacers and, on the top pair in the picture, smoky quartz rondelles.



More hand-painted ceramic beads from the same artist, but this time I've added Bali silver and labradorite rondelles.



These earrings feature hand-painted Russian lacquerwork which traditionally depicts a scene from a legend or fairy tale. This is a picture of the legendary firebird or phoenix. I've added Bali vermeil spacers. I had planned to use black Swarovski crystals as well, but the focal beads are so pretty by themselves I decided that "less is more" was the way to go so as not to detract from them.



These earrings are some smaller pieces featuring more Russian lacquerwork in shades of gold and blue on black. I've added the Swarovski crystals to these because the focals are smaller and the images are not as strong.



The lavender bead-embroidered bracelet is almost done - I'm just finishing the beaded edging and should be able to shoot some pictures soon.

In non-jewelry-related news, the guy from Saturday night wants to go out again. I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or scared to death. I'm walking the fine line in between for now. Oh, and now that he's seen the one awesome date outfit I have...what the hell do I wear for date #2?

KJ

2 comments:

Kaos Siberians said...

My earrings are GORGEOUS...and I've gotten lots of compliments on them....

And as for the outfit...I guess it's time to go shopping again. Bummer, eh?

Silver Parrot said...

You know me so well - shopping already accomplished and new (size 10!) Bill Blass black jeans worn last Saturday night for date #2. The best part? They were on sale for $14.99 at Macy's. Of course, that was overtaken by how much I spent on this gorgeous chocolate brown, embroidered blazer while I was there ;-)