Thursday, November 08, 2007

Quick...hand me that firehose!

A friend sent me this picture of the recent fire in our area:



This is the fire that was known as the Santiago fire. The lake in the foreground is Mission Viejo lake. The fire originated north and east of this spot (that would be off the left side of the picture) which is the area my son's school is in. Just about everything around his school burned although the school itself was fine. It did close for a week because of the fire danger and the poor air quality.

I hadn't realized until I saw this photo how close the flames came to the very populated areas of Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita. Very scary and I hope they catch the freak who set this fire and when they do that they lock him/her up and throw away the key.

KJ

No comments: