Thursday, April 02, 2009

And back to beads...

Still busy. Still in vacay mode (why isn't it Friday at 5 yet?) Still have a million things to do to get ready for the trip - like packing my project bag with some things to work on while I'm out there (which, of course, I will have NO time to do because the kidlet will want to spend all day at the pool but which I will take anyway just like I've done for the last 4 years because I am a slow learner or hope springs eternal or something cliched like that).

So, beads:





Okay, I know, chicken and egg beads are not exactly "glamorous" and certainly not in the league with the other beads I've been posting lately, but when I saw this set (came with lots more chickens and eggs and spacer beads than pictured here), I just HAD to have it. Why? Well, y'see, I work for a medium-sized restaurant chain's corporate headquarters. This chain is very well known on the West Coast and getting better known in other parts of the country. What's the name of the company? Well, let's just say we're "crazy" about our chicken. I thought these beads might make fun gifts for some of my friends around the office.




I've been eyeing this artist's beads for a while and then a friend bought some and when they came in and I saw how beautiful they were (and perfect for earrings), I just had to have 'em.




And, not being content with just one set (because they really are SO PRETTY) and because I don't work with pink or red often enough and am trying to push myself to expand my color palette, I had to get these pink babies. The flowers on them are so sweet!

















This set is called "Strawberry Lemonade" and since it fit in so nicely with my "buy more pink" strategy and looked so summery and refreshing, it came to live at my house as well. Love the cubic zirconia centers on the flowers in the large focal bead!

Okay, that's it for this edition of "how come she complains about being so busy, but she has time to buy beads?"

1 more day....

KJ



No comments: