- Don't borrow your mother's car because yours is in the shop undergoing expensive repairs.
- Don't use said car to take your son out for a nice Friday evening dinner and dessert.
- Don't think you're "safer" because you parked (perfectly straight) in an end parking spot.
- Don't linger over frozen yogurt after dinner thinking what a nice relaxing evening you are having (for a change).
- Don't expect your car to be in the same condition it was in when you left it.
- Don't think that this is just a case of a Mercedes parking "too close" to your mom's car.
- Don't think that the people who own the Mercedes (who actually HAVE insurance and can be located) had anything to do with this.
- Don't think that any of the 20 people who witnessed the asshole who drove into the Mercedes so hard that he pushed it an ENTIRE CAR LENGTH FORWARD into your mom's car bothered to TAKE DOWN A LICENSE PLATE #.
- Don't think that the shopping center has cameras.
- Don't think that your mom is not going to blame you for this even though you weren't anywhere near the car when it happened.
- Don't think the police are going to catch the asshole responsible or that the insurance company is going to make the repair process easy in any way whatsoever.
And that is how not to spend your Friday night.