Thursday, May 26, 2005

New Gallery Page is up!

Gallery of Sold Items

I should've done this to begin with, but what can I say? Just didn't think of it until now. I usually take any sold items off the website, but I've received some requests that the pictures at least still be available for viewing. And of course I always listen to my customers :-)

So, here it is. The "gallery of sold items" for your viewing pleasure. There would be a lot more pictures on here except that some of my older files were inadvertently deleted when DH wiped our hard drive recently as part of our ongoing battle against spam, pop-ups, virii, etc.

I know things have been fairly quiet around here recently...I've been distracted with some personal stuff and am still somewhat in "recover" mode from all that happened in April with the show and my grandmother's death and several rounds of illness since then. Plus, it seems Ryan has finally entered the "terrible two's" and that's been quite the challenge over the last couple of weeks. He's also entered the security blanket stage at the same time so now we have a very dingy, grimy, tattered blanket that has to go EVERYWHERE we go but is also the only thing he will sleep with at night. All other blankets, stuffed animals, toys, etc. are apparently poisonous to the touch and must not come anywhere near his crib. I know it's just a phase, but I'm getting tired of washing the dratted thing so often because it gets so gross each day that I can't stand to let him take it to bed that way. I'm also dreading what will happen if it gets lost or ripped, etc.

Anyway, that's all been quite challenging, but then again, this is what I signed up for when I decided to become a parent. I just hope I'm doing a good job LOL!

Still, I am finding a few spare minutes (VERY FEW) to work a bit on some new pieces and if I ever get them finished, they'll be up soon. I've got a new peyote tubes project in shades of pink, burgundy and green with accents of gold vermeil, african green jasper and some YUMMY pink chalcedony I found at the bead store yesterday. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect 3-strand vermeil clasp for it (that I can afford LOL) but it should be done soon. I've got a new furnace glass bracelet and a pair of coin pearl earrings that are done, but need to be scanned and uploaded and I've started the next peyote tube project (okay, okay, I have ONE tube done LOL). It's going to be in various shades of turquoise and aqua with silver accents.

The dolphin pendant I posted a week or so ago has arrived and is even more gorgeous in person!! I bought a seahorse pendant from the same artist and it arrived, too. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with these yet. I had thought some sort of beadweaving with the pendants as focal pieces, but they are so beautiful by themselves that I'm starting to think a simple silver chain or leather cord might be a better way to go, especially if I can find a couple of coordinating boro beads to link into the chain.

Lastly, I've been itching to do some more bead embroidery or bead weaving so I'm going to try to get out some of my dichroic cabs that I bought so long ago and see what I come up with for them. A lot of people seem to like my big embroidered earrings except for the size (they ARE big) and these cabs are much smaller so I can finally do some smaller earrings.

Oh, and I just won some great patriotic lampwork beads on e-Bay, too. They should arrive and get turned into a bracelet just in time for 4th of July. I might even have another sale to celebrate the holiday so keep your eyes open for an announcement!

Take care all!

KJ

No comments: