Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birthday Shoes!

Haven’t written about shoes for a while, but since I’ve now seen the “Sex & the City” movie and I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, it seems like a good time to re-visit my favorite obsession. Y’see I just love the way shoes can be so expressive. There’s a shoe out there for every personality and every mood.

Don’t believe me? Just take a stroll through the zappos.com website like I just did in search of the perfect summer sandal. Lots of great choices, but I’m down to these:
















Or, I can go with this pair if I want to be more impractical (and really, should practicality EVER enter into the selection of a great pair of shoes? Carrie Bradshaw and I both say “NO” to that).



Don’t these just look like a hot summer day on vacation in Greece or some tropical island? Where’s my umbrella drink?!

I have a new sundress with touches of pink and green in it so I thought these might be a good choice:



Plus, they’ll also go with jeans or with my other dress that’s black and white – as an alternative to red shoes. I think pink patent leather is also the perfect antidote to the “I just broke up with my boyfriend blues.” Not that I have those (any more).

But wait, there’s more…because when I said EVERY personality, I meant it.

Like for when you want to channel your inner hooker:


These shoes are called “Lustful” and are made by a company called “Promiscuous” (and no, I'm not making that up). Gee, wonder what market they’re targeting?

And, of course, you don’t have to stop there. You can also channel your inner drag queen:




I’m not sure what’s more disturbing – that these boots actually exist (in two colors no less) or that both colors are out of stock…scary.

Of course, it IS possible to be sexy and hot without slipping over the edge into "trashtastic" as these amazing shoes by Guess clearly indicate:

These are definitely in the running as contenders for "best use of Kelly's birthday money."

Then there’s simply the “I’ve lost my damn mind” shoe:
Because these lovelies by Guiseppe Zanotti cost almost $1,000. Even Carrie Bradshaw might be taken aback by that price. Unless she was too busy whispering “Hello, lover” to the shoes to notice the price tag.

But then again, NYC has public transportation. I need that $1000 to put gas in my car for the next two days.

Stupid high gas prices!

KJ

Music: “Bring Me Some Water” by Melissa Etheridge

No comments: