Friday, May 09, 2014

6th Winner Announced

I actually made it home before dark last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and so was able to get the next prize package photographed so I could post about the winner today.  Go, me!

I hit the 600 post mark around April, 2010.  I took a look back on the blog and there was a lot going on.  It was the one year anniversay of my Dad's passing so we took a day trip to some of his favorite places including the Wedge (that's a famous So Cal body surfing spot in Newport Beach) and the Balboa Pier.  April is also the month for Spring Break and the time that we usually head out to Palm Desert for a week.  Mom did not go the previous year because of Dad's illness so it was nice to all be together again.  It's also the month that the OC Bead Society does their one day bead show at the Bowers Museum.  It's small, but there are usually some really talented bead makers that come out to it who don't sell anywhere else so it's a good opportunity to get some uncommon materials.  Lastly, I did a collaboration swap with Lorelei that month.  We each sent each other a partially made necklace and the receiver had to finish the piece.  It was a fun way to stretch our creativity.

Okay, here's the prize package:


 
 
"Bugle Bead Bonanza" by Jamie Cloud Eakin.  I love Jamie's books - her book on bead embroidery is one of my "beading bibles."  I always found bugle beads to be a little bit mystifying and difficult to deal with until I read this book.  Everything you ever needed to know about dealing with their size, shape, and eccentricities (like sharp edges).
 

 
 
A whole collection of ribbons and fibers including some green organza, dyed silk in several shades and thicknesses and a skein of bumpy lavender/blue yarn.
 

 
 
Beaded chains - one with glass pearls and one with some faux sea glass type beads.
 

 
 
An entire strand of cute lampwork cupcake beads.
 

 
 
A large stone heart pendant, royal blue crystal flatbacks, teal patinated brass filigree, Czech glass rounds and teardrops.
 

 
 
Large wooden ovals and rings and iridescent lavender ceramic beads.
 

 
 
A handpainted pansy wooden pendant.
 

 
 
A large ceramic heart pendant made to use with a toggle bar, a floral and bird lampwork pendant, and a polymer clay birdhouse pendant with bird charm.
 

 
 
A memory-keeper glass bottle and collection of brass charms, eyepins and Swarovski crystals.
 

 
 
A square ceramic dragonfly pendant, small butterfly button, small floral charm and dark blue faux sea glass spiral shells.
 
And the winner is...Mel!  Please email me your address so I can get your package in the mail.  I could not find a link to your blog or email address so I hope you are a regular enough reader to find out about your prize!
 
I hope everyone will be sure to stop by tomorrow for the Bead Soup Blog Hop Reveal!!
 
KJ

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh I can't wait to play these new goodies -- thanks so much, KJ!