Here's a photo of that bracelet:
I'm calling it "Tea on the Veranda" because the flowers make me think of china teacup designs and there's something so Southern about pink, flowers, tea and verandas...y'all.
Anyway, it sparked a whole frenzy of asymmetrical bracelet designing...don't ask me why. When the muse decides to wake up out of her drunken stupor and put her pants back on...it's best to just go with it and not ask too many questions.
I've had this sort of odd set of lampwork beads with the random red dot on the focal for a long time and have been stumped as to what to do with them. I had initially planned to make the beaded section of the bracelet using red beads, but it came out looking a little too Christmas-y (even though the lampwork beads are turquoise...they are a very green turquoise). So, the red dot stands alone LOL! Supporting players are bronze Mykonos ceramic disks, "pool water" faceted Czech glass and brass filigree round beads.
A couple of extra of the lampwork beads plus some bronze Mykonos ceramic disks and brass feather charms allowed me to whip up a pair of coordinating earrings.
I let the colors of the lampwork focal dictate the color scheme for this bracelet. Although the background is red, the focal has bright pink and yellow splashed across it along with some white. So, I added pink candy jade disks, brass melon round beads and a dangle made with a carved citrine flower and pink Swaro bicone.
It kind of reminds me of photos I've seen of Kilauea erupting on the Big Island of Hawaii - so I called this bracelet "Volcano Sunrise."
And for something completely different...I had this cute lime green ceramic flower that was a solo Etsy bead purchase and has sat around the stash being lonely and waiting for the right accompaniment to come along. In an odd moment of beading serendipity, I had purchased several colors of these rounded ceramic cubes at a local bead store years after I bought the flower on-line and gosh, it's amazing the possibilities that open up when you do a little stash de-cluttering and organizing. I couldn't believe how they looked together - like they were made for each other. I just added some purple Czech glass flowers, brass melon beads, Czech glass leaves and a small Swaro crystal and mixed up a cute batch of "Blueberry Limeade."
And I had enough leftover for earrings!
I really liked how the Soup process sparked my creativity so I signed up for another blog hop that will be revealed later this month...it will be my first serious foray into the use of waxed linen cord which is something I've been hoarding for years, but could never really find the time to play around with. Plus, I'm also working on this month's "We're All Ears" challenge so stick around...lots more fun to come (and, of course, bead porn!)