Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wild Bird Wednesday - Fluffy

I see Bushtits quite frequently, but they are so tiny and so darn fast that I find them quite difficult to photograph.  When you add in their propensity to always perch JUST BEHIND a big fat branch...well...I was quite thrilled to get this series of photos in a tree on my son's school campus in Aliso Viejo, CA, back in May.  I guess this little guy was in a posing mood...


 
 
I don't know what kind of trees these are, but they are planted all around the school and the birds do seem to really love them.
 

 
 
This might be my favorite shot I've taken up to that point in time.
 

 
 
He decided to hide a bit behind the pink flowers...
 

 
 
...but I don't mind it too much.
 

 
 
I mean, seriously, how can you not love these little balls of fluff?
 
KJ
 
http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/2015/08/wild-bird-wednesday-161-kittiwake.html

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

They are cute birds, I would love to see one or two some day. Great shots!

mick said...

Great photos - it is a very cute little bird!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Indeed they are very cute.

Marilyn Kircus said...

Very cute little guy. Thanks for sharing a bird I seldom get to see.

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful little birds! What great photos!