Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A picture is worth...

...not much when it's a picture taken by me.

So a while ago I decided to take a bunch of pictures in the hopes of spicing up the blog. Not much happening in parrotsville lately – work, eat, sleep, gym, kid stuff, get sick, get well, repeat. Blah.

Then, of course, I did get crazy busy for a while there and couldn’t find a spare minute for the whole download the picture, photoshop it, write cool (ha!) blog entry and upload everything process. So now I have a whole bunch of out-of-date and no longer really relevant pictures.

Which I am going to proceed to use anyway due to the lack of anything else interesting to write about this week (see paragraph one above regarding my monotonous existence). Hey, if you wanted relevance and humor and interest and all that other stuff, you should probably be reading someone else’s blog. Who is not me. Who maybe has a life.

But back to the pictures.

First off, I took this little gem just to PROVE that yes, we did in fact have a couple of weeks of REALLY FREAKIN’ COLD weather here in So Cal. This picture was taken at 7:00 AM after the sun was up so it wasn’t the actual overnight low which I believe did get down to below freezing.



Now, I know to most of you 39 degrees is “break out the shorts and suntan lotion” weather, but here in la-la land, we consider this one of the early signs of the impending apocalypse. I mean it SNOWED in MALIBU for heaven’s sake. That’s just WRONG.

One of the cool things about my job is that my company shuts down early on the Friday afternoons before holiday weekends. I used that “free time” to take a drive down the coast from Newport to Laguna because although it was REALLY FREAKIN’ COLD that day, it was also one of the most gorgeous days we’ve had in a long time. The air was so crystal clear that Catalina Island looked like it was about 10 steps away and even San Clemente Island was actually visible from shore. Of course, my pictures don’t reflect this because I was using my cell phone camera instead of a REAL camera. So, the whole “really clear day with visible islands” effect I was going for is not there. But you can still see Catalina. Sort of. If you squint.



To be continued in the next entry because blogger is stupid about pictures.

KJ

No comments: