Wednesday, March 14, 2007

This weekend was on fire, y'all!

Wow, it was a gorgeous weekend here! Mid-80’s on Saturday and mid-90’s on Sunday. Don’t believe me? Here’s the proof:


And, of course, being So Cal, when the mercury gets above 80 degrees, we have to catch on fire. Here are photos of one of the two fires that broke out over the weekend (as taken from the top of the parking structure at the Irvine Spectrum).



To avoid the heat and smoke, I spent some time shopping at the Spectrum (got some great sale stuff at Ann Taylor Loft – finally being able to shop in “normal size” stores so totally rocks!) and then I went down to Laguna Beach with a friend and we just walked and walked and walked on the beach. It was so gorgeous. My pedometer says we did 3.5 miles and burned 500 calories.

So, of course, then we went out to dinner. I was good, though. Just had a salad w/ grilled shrimp and no dessert (despite the fact that we were at a French bakery-type place and the waiters kept going by with this unbelievable dessert tray). Good thing we were sitting out on the balcony overlooking the ocean so I had that fabulous sunset view to distract me. In fact, I was so distracted, I forgot to take a picture, but it’s one of my goals to get down to the beach more often this year so I’m sure I’ll be able to post a picture another time.

That’s all I’ve got for now.

KJ

No comments: