Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I ran across this site today and thought it was kind of fun for V-Day. The last couple of years have left me kinda down on the whole love and romance thing, but since things are looking up in that department, I thought I'd do something a little mushy for a change.

My personal faves on the list:

Love is at first not anything that means merging, giving over, and uniting with another ... it is a high inducement to the individual to ripen, to become something in himself for another's sake, it is a great exacting claim upon him, something that chooses him out and calls him to vast things.--Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926), Austro-German poet and novelist.

Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.--Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887), American clergyman and abolitionist.

A woman in love can't be reasonable -- or she probably wouldn't be in love. --Mae West (1892-1980), American actress and comedian.

Enjoy!

KJ

Music: "I Feel Love" - Donna Summer

No comments: