Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Okay, I Know!

I know, I know. I said the blog was shut down. But I had to share some of the pictures I took yesterday towards the end of the super-sized rainstorm we've had going on for the last WEEK!

Most of the serious damage occurred north and east of where I am, but if you saw any of the pictures of downtown Laguna Beach on the news - the ones where the main road had turned into a raging river? - that's the backside of the ridge from my house. Evey time we get major rain, that whole area gets wiped out. I think people forget that the whole reason there is a Laguna CANYON is because CANYONS get carved by RIVERS. And what are rivers? Basically - they are rain run-off

So what do the dumb humans do? They build their main access road to an entire communit right straight down the center of the original riverbed.

Can you say DUHHHH???!

Anyway, here are the pics I took yesterday:







This used to be the tot lot in our neighborhood (it's one door down from my house). Playground equipment is gone and the entire lot is now a mini-lake. Small child included in picture for size perspective (and because he demanded to be in the picture).







Mother Nature decided to give us a new lake for Christmas. Right in the middle of our local park. No fish or lifeguards available yet.





This was the first bit of blue sky (up there in the right hand corner) and sun that we've seen for an entire week. I took this picture at around 4 PM yesterday...and 30 minutes later it rained again.

Okay, I'm heading back into my holiday coma, but wanted to at least share the only interesting thing that's happened around here for months LOL!

KJ

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Holy poo! Glad you're ok!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Stay dry kiddo!!

I think there are how to build your own Ark you can order from one of those Government agencies. Just in case...

You and small fry, have a great Christmas. I hope the bead faeries put tons of beads in your stocking!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Barbara Lewis said...

A very Merry Christmas to you Kelly! Keep your head above water ... that's what I always say! Ho, Ho, Ho!

Erin Siegel said...

Sorry about all the bad weather wrecking everything, but Merry Christmas, anyway!