Monday, March 21, 2005

Andre Norton

CNN.com - Sci-fi and fantasy author Norton dies - Mar 17, 2005

It's taken me a couple of days to post this because it made me so sad. Truly one of my all-time favorite authors and inspirations. She'll be sadly missed and I can't believe there won't be any more "Witch World" books. I still remember the very first one I picked up in the library of my junior high school. I used to hide in there at lunchtime so the kids who liked to pick on me couldn't find me (because heaven forbid they step foot into gasp! a library!) and I made some wonderful discoveries while hiding out in there. In addition to Norton's books, I picked up the very first volume of Anne McCaffrey's "Pern" series there, too. This was back when there was only 1 book and she wasn't a bestseller yet! I miss those days (well, the book discoveries...not the junior high tormenting LOL!)

KJ

1 comment: