Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm BACK!

Returned from the funeral in New Mexico yesterday. The trip went smoothly (okay, it snowed one day, but other than that...)and the service was sad, but moving and beautiful. My grandmother was a devout Christian and had kept extensive records of her favorite scriptures and hymns so we were able to incorporate all of those into the service. Thank you to everyone who sent their condolences - I really appreciated all the support.

Silver Parrot is open for business again (I put all orders temporarily on hold via our shopping cart while I was out of town) but I wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we dealt with this family emergency.

I will say it was nice to visit Santa Fe again. I spent a lot of time there growing up as we visited my grandparents several times a year every year until I was in my late 20's! It really is such a terrific town with so much rich history to it - if you ever have a chance to visit, I highly recommend it. Of course, it made it extra special to have my mother taking us around and pointing out interesting tidbits of information. Since she grew up there, she has a unique perspective on the place. We had a brief chance to go by my grandparents' house, too. It was hard to see the changes that the new owners are making to what used to be their home (especially since my grandfather was the one who originally designed and built it). They've made major additions to both the front and the back so it really looks different.

I'm still hoping to start putting the new merchandise left over from the show up on the site, but probably won't get a chance to start scanning until MAYBE this evening (probably more like the weekend).

Take care everyone!

KJ

No comments: