Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New Earrings

So, we've done necklaces and a bracelet...time for EARRINGS!


 
 
I received these green heart beads and the yellow bumpy beads used in the next earring design (below) as "extras" in the package with a ceramic pendant that I ordered on Etsy a few years ago.  I thought they were so bright, pretty and spring-like, but I didn't have an immediate idea for them so into the stash they went.  Then, I pulled them out as possibilities for an Earrings Everyday monthly challenge last year, but again, they didn't make the cut.  They've been sitting on my work surface ever since then looking so lonely and forlorn.  I decided their time had finally come!
 

 
 
So, I grabbed some gold-filled wire and headpins and made a few quick Czech glass flower dangles, added a couple of frosted lavender seed beads for some additional color and popped on some earring hooks.


 
 
Instant Spring!  I'm calling this design "Hearts in Bloom."


 
 
Also sitting leftover from that EE challenge were these cute little painted bee charms so I added them to the bumpy yellow beads...


 
 
...added the same frosted lavender seed beads to keep the Easter Egg color scheme going...


 
 
...and came up with this bright and sunny earrings.  In fact, I'm calling this pair "Bee Sunny."
 
More tomorrow...
 
KJ

1 comment:

Shai Williams said...

Have been missing your posts. Great pairs of earrings. That first pair is so sunny.