Monday, February 02, 2015

New Designs for 2015

Well, as usual, that took a lot longer than I was expecting.  Had some work-related delays and some weather-related delays (a couple of days of Santa Ana winds and a few small rainstorms).  Finally, though, I got all the pictures taken and edited so I'm excited to share the following:


 
 
This design started out with some wonderful ceramic beads and a matching pendant from Havana Beads on Etsy.  Anything beach-themed automatically catches my attention and I loved the sand dollar pendant and nicely coordinated blue and white ceramic beads.
 

 
 
Here's a close up of the pendant.  I used Vintaj brass findings and wire throughout the design and I stacked some rondelles of kyanite at the center of the necklace above the pendant...from a distance they look sort of like a spiral shell and they pick up the blues/browns in the rest of the necklace really well.
 

 
 
I found these wonderful shell inlay beads at Hobby Lobby - they pick up the existing colors of blue/white/brown really well and add a few more subtle sea-shades of green and pink.
 

 
 
I needed a tiny bit of sparkle (always!) so the back of the necklace has some links made from stacked pale pink crystals and I added one to one of the inlay beads for a final dangle.  The open-link chain and the hook clasp allow the necklace to be adjustable. 


 
 
This view allows you to see the whole necklace at once. 


 
 
And one more look at the gorgeous pendant.  I'm calling this piece "Sand Dollar Bay." 


 
 
Of course, no necklace is truly complete without a matching set of earrings!  


 
 
I added some tiny brass sand dollar charms from Patina Queen to the inlay beads, kyanite rondelles and pink crystals.
 
There's lots more so stay tuned in the next few days.  Once I get them posted here on the blog, I'll be adding them to my Etsy site for sale.
 
KJ

No comments: