Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New Bracelet

So, time to switch from necklaces to something else.  I messed around with a couple of variations on this bracelet.  Earlier versions were more minimalist with just chain instead of a stone beaded section, but it felt too bare and not colorful enough.

Enter some wonderful honey-colored stone nuggets from my stash and things are plenty colorful now!


 
 
This started with a wonderful deep teal ceramic bracelet bar from Bo Hulley Beads.  I added some hand-painted Lucite flowers and an enameled flower plus a few Swarovski crystals to make a little bouquet on one side and then I strung the stone nuggets interspersed with copper daisy spacers, teal seed beads and coral rondelles and finished with a copper hook clasp.  I felt like all the flowers MUST have attracted a butterfly so I added a copper butterfly disk and a small copper crystal to the other side. 


 
 
Here's a close-up of the flower bouquet.  I'm calling this design "Sun Garden."
 
For some reason, I haven't made as many bracelets in the last couple of years as I have earrings and necklaces...which is odd because when I started out, I made bracelets almost exclusively and kind of considered them "my thing."  I miss them and need to get back to them (that's a just a little note to self LOL).
 
Stay tuned for more new stuff later this week.
 
KJ

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

I say make more bracelets. This is awesome! Enjoy the day. Erin