Thursday, July 29, 2004

Yee HA!

Got a repair order for a strand of pearls!  Not as exciting as doing a new creation, but hey, a job's a job. 

And I'll have plenty of time to work on it as it's not like there's anything important going on in the country this week...oh wait...the Democratic National Convention...SNNNNZZZZZ!  I mean, seriously people...Al Sharpton???  How does this man have the credibility to SPEAK AT A NATIONAL POLITICAL CONVENTION???  It's embarrassing.

And to add insult to injury, today CNN was broadcasting from the convention floor and who did they find to interview for his "take" on things?  P. Diddy.  Yeah, I know.

Yet another election where there's no candidate to represent ME.  My choices are brain dead, lying, anti-choice warmonger OR wishy-washy, inexperienced, pro-choice, certain-to-raise-my-taxes, hazy on national security liberal.  Yeah, I'm looking forward to the election and the next four years...sigh.

And by the way...does anyone remember a little ol' place called AFGHANISTAN???  Seems like it ceased to exist (at least as far as the media is concerned) when we set our sights on Iraq.  Where are the embedded reporters with the troops that are still in Afghanistan?  I'd like to know what's going on there!

What progress (or lack thereof) is being made in re-building the infrastructure and putting democracy in place?  Or did "we" just c0nveniently forget about that?  I know it's hard to remember things when you are busy crashing your bike into things on your ranch in Texas.

Alright...back to the beads.  See...this is why I shouldn't watch the news any more.

No comments: