Monday, February 08, 2010

Gettin' My Val Day On

Being all asymmetrical and earthy and artsy-fartsy with the jewelry designs is all well and good, but sometimes you just have to get your inner tween-age girl on and make cutesy, sweet, super-girly stuff.

Okay, well maybe YOU don't.

But I do.

So, in honor of those days of sleepovers and pigtails, Barbie dolls and candy, giggling and first (atrocious) makeover attempts, here's some super-sweet and candy-riffic jewelry just in time for Valentine's Day:





Cute lavender ply clay hearts with "eyelet lace" ruffle and purple Swaro crystals for bling. I've added some white satin bows and more crystals to make them extra girly.






I'm not sure why the pics came out so dark - it was full-on sunny when I was taking them. In fact, it was our first sunshine in 2 days so I hurried to take advantage of it.






Same earrings in red with clear crystal bling.






I'm also not sure why the bows look HUGE in this particular picture. They're really not.





Hey, you can't have Valentine's Day without some conversation heart candies so I looped some onto a bracelt with some pearls, crystals, Czech glass and a sterling silver heart charm.







Here's a close-up.







And another close-up. Remember writing S.W.A.K. on notes? I still remember my first love note - it was from Kirk Cooper in the 6th grade. I was too shy and embarrassed to write him back. Just goes to show that I started early when it comes to making stupid decisions about guys LOL!



Okay, one last look. I hope no one gets a tummy ache from all this sugary goodness. Oh, and make sure you brush your teeth so you don't get cavities.

KJ

P.S. All the poly clay hearts in these three designs came from Barbie's Best on Etsy.com.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Good enough to eat! I love the conversation hearts. I do think it is a bit much to have text messages on them. Miss the old days. Very sweet sentiments indeed! Enjoy the day! Erin

Just A Tish said...

The conversation heart bracelet is amazing