Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What Do You Do When...

...your kid flips his retainer into the toilet?

No, I'm serious.

Because this is the kind of thing that I have to deal with.

Am I a horrible mother to consider that soaking it overnight in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol is an okay/safe method to render it wearable again?

Or do I make the "Hi, it's me again.  Yes, I know this will be the third time we've had to replace his retainer, but at least this time it didn't get lost/smashed...it just fell in the toilet" embarrasing phone call to the orthodontist

Again.

Sigh.

KJ

4 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

Oh the joys of Motherhood! A trip through some hot water and detergent should clean it. Or if you are really concerned soak it in Betadine

Shaiha said...

I am not a mother but I think that I would go the peroxide route. Those things are too expensive to replace because someone wasn't being careful.

lunedreams said...

Toilet bugs never killed a dog. And I think rubbing alcohol and bleach kill pretty much every bacterium on the planet, either would for sure do the trick. And urine is generally sterile, unless you have an infection.

Kat BM said...

friend in a lab or hospital.. I bet the autoclave would make it save without damaging them