Or, it could just be brain damage from inhaling too many fumes.
Either way, I had another fun session with resin this weekend:
I'm still playing around with crystals and scrapbooking papers. Look - no barcode showing this time! I learned my lesson and went through all my papers and snipped off the sections with barcodes or manufacturer's names printed on the back. That way, I will never have to worry about them showing through again!
I loved these two papers together - will go perfectly with denim! Also, I made a pendant with this in the last round, but it got ruined by bubbles. This time...bubble free!
These are patinated brass bezels from Patina Queen. I thought the aged look would go well with some Victorian pansy stickers I had in my old rubber stamping supply stash. The only complaint I have about these bezels is that they are VERY shallow so it's a bit more difficult to control the resin or to build up designs.
Which didn't stop me from using the same bezels while trying to be all artsy-fartsy and building up some kind of paper assemblage piece. It worked, but it would have been easier in a deeper bezel. These feature my own handmade papers (yep, I used to make my own paper back in the day - there's pretty much nothing I haven't attempted with my crafting obsessions over the years - oh, except for knitting - it scares me - I don't know why).
Then I punched some hearts out of metallic cardstock - the heart in the sun pendant is silver and the one in the night pendant is gold. Added some tiny metallic beads and confetti and some French words ('cuz everything sounds better en Francais, n'est-ce pas?) and slapped it all together with some resin. Funny thing on the words - I didn't seal them because I wanted the white paper to fade and just leave the print showing...but it only partially worked. I don't know why.
I'm always looking for daisy-related stuff for my mom so when I saw these glittery daisy and ladybug stickers that fit PERFECTLY inside the Patera bezels, well, they just had to become pendants. I'm pretty happy with them although in retrospect, I probably could have colored the metal area of the bezel that shows. But that's being really nitpicky.
Then, I still had some resin left over so I grabbed a couple of empty bezels, dumped in some sparkly stuff, and filled up with resin. Had some difficulties with these as HUGE bubbles developed and I had to keep popping them over and over which, in the process, created a big lump in beads in the pink pendant. You can't see it in the photo, and the actual resin surface is smooth. You can just tell that the bead layer is not evenly distributed. The blue/green one is PERFECT, tho.
And you know how much I looooove the perfection :-)Tonight I get to go home and crack the molds I made at the same time I did all these bezels.
Fingers crossed that something good came out of the second round.