****************** EDITED 5/19 to add:
I'm not re-posting today because I want to keep the game going so just a quick note to update. First off, thanks everyone for the comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Also, if you think I have a lot of crap in THIS purse...you should have seen what was in my BIG winter purse that I just switched out of. This one is a lot smaller LOL! As for the request for clarification on the sunglasses - they do exist and yes, they are Valentino (don't ask me why I have great eye insurance that pays for designer frames, but my health insurance won't cover basic stuff like antibiotics, but that's the way it is. I just LOVE healthcare in America) BUT I am not confirming whether or not they were actually IN the purse at the time I wrote the post. Also, someone caught the fact that I accidentally listed one item twice (that will teach me for cutting and pasting instead of just deleting). I've now corrected that. And no, the typo doesn't count as the right answer LOL!
Also, I'm sure y'all will be relieved to know that I am OFFICIALLY OUT OF RESIN. Uhhh...until the next shipment arrives LOL! In the meantime, Be Resinable was listed in another Etsy Treasury today! Yay!
That's it. Play on!
I have absolutely NADA to talk about today.
I figure everyone's sick of the resin stuff.
I didn't finish my latest necklace project so couldn't take pics of it last night.
The last few days have been surprisingly free of stupid people for me to rant about.
I could do a few more paragraphs on how I hate my hair and am getting closer and closer to buzzing it all off, but I figure no one cares about that either.
A few weeks ago I was changing from my "winter" purse to my "summer" purse (don't laugh...I used to change purses with each outfit, but then I became a single mom and now I'm lucky if I have time to change my underwear each day much less worry about which purse goes with which outfit...I do have a spectacular wardrobe of cute purses, though. I should probably try to sell those...) and I realized what an amazing amount of strange crap had migrated into my purse. Some of which I couldn't even identify or remember how it had gotten in there (although I'm sure the kid is to blame somehow).
Anyway, it occurred to me that you can tell a lot about a person by what's in (or not in) her purse. I decided to tuck the idea away for a day like this when I have NOTHING to write about.
Here are the rules:
I'm going to list off all the stuff that's in my purse PLUS one item that's NOT in there. To play the game - post a comment guessing which item is NOT in my purse.
On Friday, I'll put all the correct answers in a bowl and randomly pick one (uhhh...and if NO ONE guesses right, then I'll just put all the comments in a bowl and randomly pick one). That person will win a prize from my Be Resinable stock. In order to keep this reasonable for me, I'm limiting the free shipping to the U.S. only. If you're outside the U.S. and want to play anyway, that's cool, but you'll have to pick up the shipping cost.
Feel free to link, blog post, Facebook or do whatever else if you want to publicize the game.
Okay, ready to play "What's in Kelly's Purse?"
1. Lorac wet/dry foundation compact
2. 1 bottle Bausch & Lomb Moisture Eyes
3. 1 package Claritin gel caps (missing 3 capsules)
4. 1 Bonne Bell Lipsmacker - Wild Raspberry - new
5. 1 old and decrepit Tootsie Roll
6. 1 Bonne Bell Lipsmacker - Cotton Candy - empty
7. 1 butterfly hair clip - small, black
8. 1 Happy Nails Receipt
9. 1 Bakugan toy - Red Dragonoid
10. 1 UPS Receipt
11. 1 pair Ralph Lauren regular glasses
12. 1 pair semi-clean child's socks
13. 1 Galaxy Control Systems security badge
14. 1 cell phone
15. 1 Bank of America ATM receipt
16. 1 butterfly hair clap - small, tortoisehell
17. 1 pen cap
18. 2 books: "Hell Fire" by Ann Aguirre; "Bewitched & Betrayed" by Lisa Shearin
19. 1 doctor's business card
20. 1 Tall Mouse 40% off coupon - expired
21. 1 bead show door prize ticket
22. 1 Quiznos receipt
23. 2 Mother's Day cards
24. 1 paycheck stub
25. 1 set of keys
26. 1 Costa Mesa Gem Faire button
27. 1 hairbrush
28. 1 plastic toy eyeball
29. 1 bottle Bath & Bodyworks Sun Dried Raspberry Anti-bacterial Hand Gel
30. 1 pair Valentino sunglasses
31. 1 National Tae Kwon Do Summer Camp Flyer
32. 1 Wallet containing: 1 full checkbook; 1 empty checkbook; insurance cards; neon green sticky note pad; 2 ATM cards; AAA card; Barnes & Noble membership card; driver's license; wholesale license; 1 expired ATM card; $42.29 in cash; 1 expired, unfilled prescription; 1 book of stamps; 1 bead artist business card; 1 El Pollo Loco employee discount card; 1 buy 10 get 1 free Miyako Sushi frequent customer card
33. 1 bottle of Advil - empty
34. Personal supplies (y'know - GIRL stuff)
35. 1 Tae Kwon Do Game Night registration form
36. 1 fake dinosaur tooth
Geez...no wonder this thing is so dang heavy!