Monday, January 16, 2006

I survived!

Yes, that's right, Ryan's 3rd birthday (and the attendant celebration) is over! And I survived (mostly) intact. After all, the rain held off until after the party had moved indoors. Okay, so it was colder than, well, a word I won't let my 3 year old say, but I think everyone was prepared for that. I only had to call the bouncy house delivery company once when they didn't show up on time and I was panicking. The cake arrived without mishap. Although the design was nothing like the picture I saw in the bakery - at least it still had a Spiderman on it so it fit the theme. None of the kids hit or otherwise antagonized each other. Ryan had a minor mishap on the front steps and banged up the side of his face, but he recovered quickly when offered the chance to go the store with grandpa to pick up the cake (and at the store the clerks felt so sorry for him and his poor little face that he scored a free bunch of balloons with multiple lollipops attached). And yeah, my mother did re-frost all the cupcakes and re-tie all the treat bags because I had failed to do either task correctly, apparently, but it was a small price to pay for all the help she gave me with set-up and clean-up.

Of course, the most important thing of all was that Ryan had a BLAST! He stayed in the bouncy house until nearly 6 pm when I finally had to drag him out because it was so dark we couldn't see each other and kept bouncing into one another. Plus, it was getting really, really COLD!

So, we went inside and played with some of his new birthday loot. He's such a doll and we had a lot of fun together. I'd forgotten how much fun new toys are :-)

I'm hoping to have revisions to the website up later this week now that the dollar sale has cleared out a lot of the old inventory. I'll have a whole new crop of bargains to put up and maybe even some new stuff! Woo hoo!

After that, I'll be busy shipping the dollar sale orders and, best of all, going to the L.A. Gift Show this weekend for the first time ever. I'll be meeting up with my pal, Jenie, from Dragonfly Design and I can't wait. She's a gift show veteran so I'll get to tag along behind her and hopefully score some great stuff!

Take care everyone!

KJ

No comments: