Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More Fun Pics

Well, nothing interesting happened in my life in the past 24 hours so here are some more pictures of cool stuff I'm planning to use...er...eventually :-)


This pretty little boro dolphin by Jeff Welsh caught my eye one day and just had to come live with me. At first I planned to do a really involved design with it, but I'm starting to think that just a plain silver chain is what it needs so it can be the center of attention. Hmmm....

Since I got a dolphin pendant, I figured I should get a shark, too (okay, yeah, so I bought several sharks...your point is?) This was the only mako shark design the artist was selling - all the other sharks are flat and straight on as you'll see in the next picture. I used to have this book all about sharks when I was a kid and I was fascinated by it and took it everywhere with me until I stupidly left it down at the lake by our house one summer afternoon and when I went back for it, it was gone. So, a big "shame on you" to the shark-book stealer who is no doubt still out there robbing other children of THEIR favorite books or despoiling library shelves or something equally awful.


This shark design is by Jeff Welsh - really, he is so talented and just does the MOST amazing stuff. Just wait until I start posting the pictures of the sea horses and sea dragons! I lived in Hawaii when I was very young (this was before the house by the lake where the shark book got stolen) and I remember some of my Hawaiian neighbors talking about sharks and how their culture views them as ancestral spirits or even gods. These beautiful pieces reminded me of those stories and I thought it would be awfully cool to have your own personal "shark totem" pendant to watch over you. They each seem to have their own personality.

Okay, that's it for today. But, if the next 24 hours is as boring as the last 24 have been, I'll undoubtedly have more pictures to post soon. Oh, except that "Project Runway" is on tonight so I have that to look forward to. I have no idea why I'm obssessed with this stupid show, but I can't stop watching it.

KJ

No comments: