Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heart's Garden

A while back, I posted a picture of this really pretty lampwork heart toggle clasp (if you click on the link, scroll down to the VERY BOTTOM of my random blatherings to see the picture) that I bought on eBay.

Well, I finally got around to making something with it. Actually, I made this piece pretty quickly after I bought the toggle...it's just taken me this long to get it photographed and posted.



I went with a very simple design so that the toggle would take center stage and really show itself off.


Overall, I'm pleased with it, but I'm still a little on the fence about the Swarovski crystal butterfly dangle. Too much? Let me know what you think.





Also, the pearls are actually white to match the toggle even though they appear a bit pinkish in the picture. Another stunning example of my amazing (lack of) photography and Photoshop skills in action.

In other news...still working on getting the new collection up on the website. That one page is actually done, but in the process of working on it, I found a bunch of other things that needed to be corrected and the homepage needed revision to show off the new collection and I've stayed up until 2 AM the last two nights tinkering (because my Dreamweaver skills are only slightly more spectacular than my photog skills) trying to get all that done. Still aiming for an end-of-the-week launch.

I'm also thinking about having a "house cleaning" sale on some of my older designs. Need to clear some room for the new stuff, etc. We'll see.

Okay, that's it for now.

KJ

4 comments:

SueBeads said...

Wow, great toggle! I wonder if I know who did it - she's amazing! Great necklace too. I am not a pink person, but I do like the butterfly (if I were more girly!!).

Ruth Trowbridge said...

Beautiful - you sure did do the toggle justice! I too am smitten with the butterfly - peace

Silver Parrot said...

Thank you for the nice comments. Sue - the artist who made the toggle goes by EverAfter Artistry on eBay (sorry, I can't remember her actual name at the moment).

So far, the butterfly has 2 yes votes :-)

I guess my thinking is that it's not quite large enough - looks too small in comparison to the size of the toggle?

Anonymous said...

I think it would look nice with a single pearl drop in place of the butterfly. The butterfly is incongruent to the overall design, imho!