Monday, September 28, 2009

I Made Stuff!

Yes, it's true! I don't JUST buy beads. I actually make something...occasionally!

Here's the bracelet I was talking about all last week but could never get time to photograph:





Lampwork disks and etched dot beads are from Bead Intrigue on Etsy.





The clasp is a sterling silver lobster claw. I also left a bit of chain on as an extender and decorated it with a few extra beads.



Accent beads are Swarovski pearls and crystals in a couple of different colors, black onyx rounds, and lots of silver.

Then, despite the fact that it was hella hot out this weekend, I decided to get my autumn on:



Lampwork beads from Blue Seraphim on Etsy.




I really like the organic "nugget" shape on these and the mis-matched colors and patterns. Even the color scheme is outside my normal "comfort zone." I wire-wrapped everythign together using bronze Vintaj wire and attached a Vintaj chain and clasp to the back.

Originally, this was going to be a bracelet and there were going to be lots of dangles in between each lampwork bead, but as I started working, that idea just didn't seem right. I do wish there was a touch more "sparkle" to this piece, but I couldn't figure out where to add it without going overboard so I decided to leave it as is.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

KJ

P.S. Still no sign of Webhead. I don't know what happened to her :-(

14 comments:

Katie said...

Love the necklace, and I'm glad you left it as is - sometimes you don't need sparkle for a piece to look wonderful :o)

And I know what you mean about having trouble getting into fall when it's hot out...That's my problem here in Houston...

dochoamom said...

Beautiful pieces KJ. Love those discs... I don't see them in your shop...

Yes it was HOT wasn't it... I was so glad to come to my Air Conditioned office today...LOL

Keep up the great work and commentary...

Love, Deb

Todays Word Verification

repic - when you miss a booger

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ruth Trowbridge said...

she's baaack - loves it, loves it, loves it - peace

The Joy of Nesting said...

Both pieces are wonderful, and how whimsical and playful the first one is!!!!

I wonder if the little mom has rejoined the cosmic energy??? There are many arachnoids that reach the end of their life cycle once they have bread????

Have a good week with hopefully a bit of creative time!! :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Marie Cramp said...

It's gorgeous!! It needs no sparkle at all! I love it! The bracelet too of course :)

Marie

Almost Precious said...

The bracelet is fantastic, like being in Candyland, sweet and fun and beautiful. But the necklace is more down to earth, something one could and would wear almost everyday...one of those pieces that quickly becomes a favorite in one's jewelry box. :)

Davinia said...

The bracelet is just beautiful and the necklace shouts jeans, boots and a fabulous top.

Silver Parrot said...

Katie - I'm glad you like it. I guess I'm just a "sparkly" girl at heart LOL! I keep wanting to add more shiny stuff.

Silver Parrot said...

Deb - Thanks and glad you like them. I haven't been adding anything to the Etsy shop lately. Not only do I not have time, but with the total lack of sales (other than your earrings - and thanks again for that), it just doesn't seem worth the effort. I'll let the listings expire and then I won't put anything else up. I still have my regular website after all.

Silver Parrot said...

Rural - nice to see you around here again! Thanks for the comment.

Silver Parrot said...

Pattie - Based on the research I did, she ought to have been okay. They only die off in colder climates, supposedly. And based on visual observation, she was fine for the next few days after the egg sac appeared. I even saw her catch and eat some flying bugs.

Silver Parrot said...

Marie - Thanks - glad you like the pieces.

Silver Parrot said...

AP - thank you for the nice comment!

Silver Parrot said...

Davinia - Glad you like both pieces!