Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Brrrrr!!!

Yes, Virginia, winter DOES happen in So Cal:






Okay, I know this is t-shirt weather for some of you (who are no doubt laughing hysterically right now), but this kind of thing doesn't happen too often around here so I thought it worthy of being memorialized.

I made more jewelry last night:




I know, I know, seriously crapoid pictures, but it was too dark (and COLD!) outside to take pics when I got home so I had to take them indoors. These earrings are really much prettier in person - the flash kind of "washed out" the teal color and made it appear a lot lighter.


These beads were freebies that came with an Etsy order, but I really like them. Not only are they my favorite color, but they are dusted with speckles of clear frit that makes them look like they are "iced over." I added some chain and Swaros and came up with a perfect New Year's Eve pair of dramatic earrings. And yes, they're long. I don't care. I think long earrings are awesome! I plan to be buried in a pair of 5 inchers that I'm saving just for the occasion.
The kid is playing a "Who" in a production of "The Grinch" tonight and then afterwards, we are all going to Souplantation for dinner.
The excitement never ends...
KJ

8 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

You are so right in thinking that we are laughing. I did the conversion and here that would be +5 degrees celcius!! Not quite t-shirt weather, but weather to rejoice in!! Right now is is -35 celcius with the wind chill, conversion being -31 for you guys. Forget jackets it is time for Parkas!!{large feather filled coats that cover everything!!}

Love those earrings BTW, those beads are yummy!!

Anonymous said...

i hear ya, this is freezing for us. the wind last night here in palos verdes was insane. but the view this morning was amazing, the wind cleared out everything.
sweet earrings too!

TesoriTrovati said...

A Who?! I love the Grinch! How sweet!
I love those earrings too. The first place I ever took photos (craptastically, I might add) is on top of my stove under the bright light. Got a nice reflection up from the stainless steel top. LOL. Now that the light is nonexistent (and today it is about 20 degrees here in Central WI where 8-14 inches of snow in 45 mph howling winds will quickly render tomorrow a no-show...which means that I need to scurry over to my old house and pack up as much of my studio as I can before 8pm so that I can continue working!) what was I saying...I digress! I will have to set up my lightbox studio and fiddle with getting the right faux outdoor sunshiney look from now until...oh...June when it might warm up again! I am wishing you warm thoughts to make it through your "cold snap". teehee!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Perfect weather for your "iced over" earrings. Oh, and I love that long look on those earrings. Marvelous!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Bravo Bravo Bravo,

To your budding actor!! Remind him that your are still his mum when he becomes a rich and famous star!! :)

Oye Little Mom that is COLD!!!! FRIGID!!!! Oh gads if it got that cold here, every thing would come to a dead stop. Schools would be closed, I'm not kidding!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Mellisa said...

Yep, I'm getting very little sympathy from my family in Canada who are experiencing a cold snap... but it WAS totally frosty here in So Cal today!! To add to it we had a power outage at work so there was no heat and I didn't expect it, therefore, no jacket! I know, just pathetic, but really my hands were purple...

Mellisa said...

Yep, I'm getting very little sympathy from my family in Canada who are experiencing a cold snap... but it WAS totally frosty here in So Cal today!! To add to it we had a power outage at work so there was no heat and I didn't expect it, therefore, no jacket! I know, just pathetic, but really my hands were purple...

Michelle said...

I remember those days of living in San Diego burbs....also 60 degrees in HI while I was in HS meant that all the other kids were wearing parkas! I'm right there with Erin...I'm in Wisconsin--between Green Bay and Milwaukee and we are getting hammered! Love the turquoise/teal-y earrings.
Bead Happy & keep warm!
Michelle