Hmmm...only 5 people took the survey. Guess I'm not as fascinating as I like to think I am LOL! Anyway, here are the actual answers:
1. I was actually born in: Idaho. Idaho Falls, Idaho, to be exact. Dad was in the Navy and that's where the nuclear submarine training program was located at the time. I know, submarine training in a landlocked state doesn't make a lot of sense, but maybe at the time they thought it was a good place to "hide" it from the Russkies?
2. My first REAL craft, the one I went bonkers for and got really into for like 5 years, was plaster painting. We had a store in town called "The Plaster Factory" and you could go there and buy plaster or bisque porcelain figurines and then paint them. I did enough to create an entire Christmas village along with trees and fenceposts and little animals and people. I put the whole thing out every year and run lights under the houses so they look like they're lit from within. Pretty much everyone I knew at the time ended up with at least one painted figurine of some sort. It's a wonder anyone is still speaking to me. The store eventually expanded into t-shirt and sweatshirt painting which I, of course, also got into.
3. My favorite author is Marion Zimmer Bradley. "The Mists of Avalon" had a profound effect on me and I still re-read the Darkover books from time to time. In fact, I just finished re-reading "Exile's Song" last week.
4. My favorite bead - please tell me everyone got THIS one right? It's lampwork. Of course.
5. Favorite movie - The original Star Wars. Had my first ever real movie star crush on Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. Never really got over it, either ;-)
6. My current parrot is one of the Poicephalus family of parrots (which also includes Senegals and Red-Bellies) and is called a Meyer's parrot. I actually met someone recently who owns a Sene-Meyers (half Senegal and half Meyer's). She was walking around a bead show with the bird hanging onto her belt. She let me pet it. It's so well trained that it's a certified therapy bird and she takes it to nursing homes. My bird is not that well-behaved. He's very friendly and loving with ME, but no one else. He's also scared of EVERYTHING so he wouldn't be a good candidate for that kind of job. But, I love him just the way he is.
7. The foreign country where I attended school is France. I spent a summer between my junior and senior years at UCLA taking classes at the Sorbonne in Paris and living with a French family. It was marvelous. I'm dying to go back. Some day.
Questions 8 & 9 really didn't have "correct" answers. I just kinda wanted to get some feedback and know what people thought about my jewelry and the blog.
So, there you have it. A whole buncha crap about me that you never wanted to know LOL! But, look how I made you read it anyway ;-)