Maybe it's on account of how I can effortlessly switch between beads, jewelry, hermit crabs and stories about crazy crap my kid has done?
Either way, I'll take it. So, thank you to Kristen, Copper Diem, and Courtney! I really appreciate it! Oh, and if y'all would keep me in mind for when the Amazing Goddess-like Beauty Blogger Award comes around, I'll be ever so grateful ;-)
Now for the hard part. I'm supposed to spill 7 things about myself, but seriously, after 6+ years of blogging? I think I've kind of covered the bases. I'll give it a shot, though.
1. I was born in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Because my Dad was training to be a navigator on a nuclear submarine and that is where the U.S. Navy has its nuclear submarine training facility. In a landlocked state. Your tax dollars at work.
2. I won the individual drill-down competition (I know, it sounds vaguely perverted, right?) at the State Drill Team Championships my junior year in high school. If you don't know what a drill down is...picture a very advanced version of "Simon Says" only with military commands like "right flank, march!" Trust me, it's way harder than it sounds. I beat out about 100 other girls from all over the state of California.
3. At the age of 8, I routinely played hymns on the organ for the services at my church. And now I don't remember how to play a note...
4. I am a HUGE football fan and cannot WAIT for the season to start (only a few more weeks...)
5. I used to write a movie review column for the local town paper.
6. I am obsessed with computer solitaire games and can play for hours if allowed to. I know, it's really pathetic.
7. My favorite tv show is "Burn Notice" (but that's only because "House" is on hiatus until September).
And now comes the even harder part. I'm supposed to pass this award on to 15 other blogs.
Who haven't already received the award.
That's gonna take some time to figure out so check back later for the list.
P.S. If this seems a bit disjointed, it's because my day started at 4 AM this morning when some (but not all) of the smoke detectors in my house went off full force for no apparent frickin' reason! Scared the crap outta the poor kid and made him cry. And then they all shut off. Of course, none of them went off last year when I had an ACTUAL FIRE in my bedroom. I swear I'm minded to just yank them all out and pitch 'em into the trash.