Thursday, August 19, 2004

Better late than never...

Oops...missed a couple of days of posting...guess I've been too consumed with the Olympics. Wasn't the men's gymnastics (individual all-around) competition AMAZING last night? Way to go, Paul Hamm! Just goes to show that no matter how bad things seem, you've got to keep trying, give it your all, and never give up because you never know what might happen. Definitely a lesson for me in there!

On the jewelry front, I've been working hard on the next peyote tubes project. It's basically done except for needing a clasp. I have a pretty good bead stash on hand, but I tend to mostly work in silver and this needed gold and I'm pretty low on gold clasps so none of the ones I already have will work with this. I'm going to have to...GASP!...go shopping! Don'tcha just hate that? Anyway, I'll post a picture of the work in progress shortly.

The kidlet got up at 4:00 AM this morning and would NOT go back to sleep. Looks like another tooth on the way. This is just not fair (especially considering I keep staying up til nearly midnight due to the Olympics each night...have GOT to quit doing that!). Then, of course, he fell asleep in the car on the way to daycare and didn't want to wake up when we got there. Sigh. On the upside (I think) he did learn to say "Spongebob" yesterday. Well, okay, it sounds more like "punbo" but I know what he means :-)

Have neighborhood summer bbq party this weekend...am not looking forward to it at all. I HATE social gatherings, but DH loves them and insists we go to all of them so I guess I'm going to have to suffer through it. I just hope it's not too hot!

That's it for now - pic posting soon.

KJ

No comments: