Monday, August 09, 2004

Long Time, No Post

Woops...sorry about the long delay. Sometimes life just steps in, ya know? I had a busy weekend of working on orders (yay!), kidlet watching, laundry, ironing, dishes and errands. Whoo boy...I lead an exciting life I tell ya!

Got 1 order from the website shipped (which means I get paid - woo hoo!) The other order was a repair of a strand of pearls for a co-worker and I had to re-string/re-knot the whole strand so that took a while. I hope the orders continue...it's exciting to be making some headway in that area.

I got to play some, too. Am still working on that peyote tubes bracelet I learned in a class a week ago - decided to make some changes to the color scheme because I wasn't quite happy with it so I made a bunch more tubes and now I have enough for several bracelets! Just have to get the time to get them assembled. Plus, I got some more colors of delicas in to work with!!

And I also made some progress on another pair of bead embroidered earrings - this set is in shades of green, gold and turquoise...yummmy! The center stone and bezel are done and the ultrasuede backing is finished and trimmed. I just have to do the edging and the fringe now.

If you want to see what a bead embroidered earring looks like, here's a link: http://www.silverparrotdesigns.net/New%20Site/Silver%20Parrot%20Designs%20New%20Home%20Page%20Files/Hippie%20Dippie%20New%20Site%20Page.htm

Check out the last 3 items on the page....or maybe I'll just post a pic here to the blog when I get a chance ;-)

Chirp! (that's parrot for "bye")

No comments: