Friday, August 13, 2004

Bored, bored, bored...

Not much going on today and not much to report. As you can see, I finally got the Hello/Bloggerbot to post that picture of the peyote tubes set! I also finished an extra pair of earrings in the gunmetal color to match that set and now I've started the next version in a delicious peacock blue/green metallic finish.

Hit the bead store yesterday afternoon and did some damage there including buying some large Egyptian crystal faceted drops (think disco balls in the shape of teardrops - kinda like the drops hanging from chandeliers). Am now wondering what in heck I'm going to do with it - sometimes I get mesmerized by the "pretty sparkliness of things and bring them home with me only to realize I have no clue what to do with them so they go into the bead stash to wait until I have an idea LOL!

It's going to be a buying kind of weekend as I'm going to a gem show tomorrow. Used to go to them all the time, but haven't been to one since before Ryan was born so it'll be interesting to see if the vendors and stock are different. I also got sucked into some e-bay auctions today as well...no really, I HAD to bid on this stuff LOL! Got some cute lampwork beads in some bright primary colors and an unusual "pillow" shape...those oughta be fun to play with and I'm still waiting to find out about some really pretty 8mm aquamarine stone rondelles. They are a beautiful pale aqua shade that ought to go well with some of the new colors for fall.

That's it for now. Take care (especially those in the path of Hurricane Charley!)

KJ

No comments: