Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Costa Mesa #2

First a little announcement - I've had to put some controls in place on the comments due to spamming. Apparently, some loser out there thinks I need tuition assistance to go to college. Guess I didn't hang my diploma from UCLA prominently enough. Legitimate comments should still come through, but let me know if you have any problems.

Now, on to the goodies. Here's the second picture of my treasures from the show this weekend:

I found this great sterling silver charms and castings vendor and wanted to buy out his entire stock, but I restrained myself to just what you see on the left of the picture. The fleur-de-lis and key charms are for a design for my mom. She wanted something to represent her Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. The other items, like the stamped disks and large flower pendant, are just things I thought were really cool looking. And no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet. I'm percolating some thoughts and making some sketches so we'll see what happens. The big shell pendant on the right didn't scan so well - in real life it's just rippling with iridescent streaks of green, purple, blue and even some violet and red. It's a lot bigger than the type of thing I normally go for, but I thought it was so outstanding and unusual that I just had to have it. And that was BEFORE I saw what a fabulous price it was being offered for. I should've got several of them, darn it!

I also finished the "earrings from hell" completely last night and I should have them up on the website for sale later today or tomorrow.

Take care!

KJ

No comments: