Monday, August 08, 2005

Too good to be true.

Well, it's over. I knew it couldn't last forever, but I was still hoping we'd at least make it to November. No such luck - Ryan is sick. Again. Sigh. Poor kid started sniffling Saturday afternoon and just went down hill from there. I wish I could figure out where he picked it up this time because no one else in the family is sick and, miraculously, no one at daycare is sick right now, either. Just our luck, I guess.

Still, since he waited until Saturday afternoon to show any symptoms, I was able to get some work done. I finally finished one of the "earrings from hell" that have been driving me crazy for the last month or so. As I mentioned previously, I don't think they're my best work due to funky color combo, but at least I was brave enough to try something new and different, right? Yeah, that's what I'm telling myself anyway. Here's a pic:




To be totally done, I just have to put the fringe on the other earring and the tops on both and then I never have to touch these again. Woo hoo!

Now, for the real fun. Mom and I hit the Gem Faire at the OC Fairgrounds on Saturday and shopped ourselves silly. She got a really fabulous Larimar pendant set in sterling silver and a pretty silver chain to go with it. Larimar comes from a dormant volcano in the Dominican Republic and is only found in one square kilometer on the entire planet. It's a beautiful sky blue stone that shades to deeper blues and teals and often has striations of white or translucent areas. It's somewhat similar to turquoise in appearance but paler and w/o the dark matrix. Mom also peeked over my shoulder while I was digging through a bin of really pretty abalone pendants and grabbed the best looking one of the whole lot while I was still trying to decide whether I wanted one or not. But hey, she provides a heck of a lot of free babysitting so I can't complain too much.

Besides, I got some pretty stuff, too. I'll post my pics in the next entry.

Take care all!

KJ


No comments: