Monday, August 08, 2005

Costa Mesa Show #1

I have a feeling that the stupid photo function on blogger.com is only going to allow 1 picture per post so bear with me. Here's my first set of goodies from the show:


The lovely deep teal beads on the left are apatite. I got a great deal on these and so got several sizes and shapes. In the center are some Thai Hill Tribe silver beads I found in a brushed silver finish. Not only were they affordably priced, but I don't have anything like this in my stash already and I'm always on the lookout for something new and different. Lastly, I got these lovely pink shell disks in two different sizes and two colors (the scan doesn't show it well, but one is a much darker pink than the other). My friend, Jenie, and I saw these at the Santa Monica show along with an entire table of a zillion colors and I've been kicking myself ever since then for not grabbing them up at the time. The same vendor was at Costa Mesa this weekend, but the stock was sadly depleted. A lot of the colors I was looking for were just totally gone.

Note to self: do not pass up beads that scream out "buy me NOW" because you'll regret it!

KJ

2 comments:

Jenie said...

I so totally hate you. :(

Silver Parrot said...

Sigh. I know...everyone does ;-)