Monday, August 01, 2005

It's Football Time!

It's time for Al Michaels and John Madden. It's time for hail Mary's and wicked blocks. And, most importantly, it's time for Brett Favre in tight yellow pants! That's right - it's time for the NFL 2005 schedule to begin THIS WEEKEND in Tokyo with the Hall of Fame game. I, for one, cannot wait. And yeah, okay, so pre-season is always kinda lame, but still it's better than no football at all or worse...the slow, painful hell that is baseball. Who decided that a bunch of overweight drug addicts standing around spitting and scratching themselves is a sport? Yes, I know, OCCASIONALLY, someone throws or catches or hits a ball, but by then I've usually lost interest and gone to get another beer or I'm stuck in the 18-mile-long line to the women's restroom where we're all waiting to get rid of the aforementioned beers. And besides, baseball doesn't have Brett Favre. Have I mentioned how good he looks in tight yellow pants? Yummm. Dear God, thank you for football. Amen.

Oh, and in addition to the NFL, it's only a month until my beloved (but beleaguered) UCLA Bruins return to the gridiron. I can only hope they've solved the problems that beset them last year and that we can beat the Trojans this year. It's been too long and it's time to end the drought. Go Bruins!

Now, if LA could only get an NFL team, my life would be complete...

KJ

4 comments:

Jenie said...

Hockey. Hockey is the sport. Football is for sissies. ;) J

Silver Parrot said...

Wait, I'm sorry...do they still even PLAY hockey? 'Cuz it seems to me there was a distinct lack of actual games of....wait...what was the name of that sport again? It's been so long, I've forgotten. ;-)

Jenie said...

OH! So *mean*! ;) That sea of stars link should work now. And are you *ever* gonna send me a banner or button? :) kd

Silver Parrot said...

I dunno...seems to me somebody owes me an e-mail ;-) LOL! Just kidding - I'm working on the banner thing. It just takes a long time because my web design skills totally blow.