Friday, August 12, 2005

Nothing says "party" like an ovarian cyst.

Last bit of news for the week is that I had the extrememly un-fun experience on Wednesday of having an ovarian cyst rupture. One minute I was walking around just find and dandy and the next I was doubled over in pain in the ladies' room and trying desperately not to throw up. The pain continued through Wednesday night and part of Thursday until it finally started to subside Thursday afternoon at which point I finally got in to see my doctor and she gave me the diagnosis. A subsequent ultrasound confirmed it. So, just as a public health announcement, I thought I'd post a link to the website for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) If you or anyone you know suspects they might have this condition, this website is a fount of useful information.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend!

KJ

2 comments:

Jenie said...

Oh, NO. I know that pain. I'm *sorry*. :(

Silver Parrot said...

Thanks. I'll live, apparently. Although that might not be such a good thing considering we got hit with the stomach flu this weekend. I hate daycare!