Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This 'N That

Okay, so, I didn't get the rest of the show stuff posted yesterday as promised. That's because I woke up at 1 AM on Tuesday to the sound of the kid crying in his bedroom (note - it's never a good sign when you hear the "middle of the night" crying...it's ALWAYS bad).


Kid was having tummy troubles AND we are going through Round 2 of "The Giant Alien Toe that Interferes with My Sleep." Looks like the original infection damaged the nail which is now splintering into pieces and falling off...it was a great night.


Needless to say, kid and I stayed home yesterday. He needed to recover from the tummy ick and not wear shoes and I just needed to SLEEP.


So, here's what Blogger was TOOOOOOOO SLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW to let me post on Monday:






Dyed resin leaves from The Beading Place.







I first discovered them at this same show last year and I was so inspired by their materials that I bought a little of just about everything they had - including a bunch of brass and copper for the first time. It led to the creation of my Memoire Collection.






I love these ruffly leaves. I think they can double as petals or calyx as well.






I almost passed by these rosebuds, but then I saw a couple of really cute examples in the booth of things that could be done with them and I decided to grab a few strands. So, note to all you people who sell your beads at shows - having finished stuff to show off design possibilities is ALWAYS a good idea!


Oh yeah, and I finished a bracelet last week, too:





This is my "Beach Blanket Bingo" bracelet.





The striped and dotted lampwork beads are by I Make Beads. As soon as I saw them, they reminded me of beach balls.





I kept the clasp simple and just used a sterling silver lobster claw.





Accent beads are white shell, various colors and shapes of Swarovski crystals, Czech glass in a couple of different shapes and colors and some Bali silver spacers and sterling silver 2mm beads.


I'm ready for summer and the beach!


KJ

4 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

You had fun shopping! Great finds! Sorry about your son not feeling good. You are right about the waking up in the middle of the night, it is never good. Hugs to you guys.

Marie

SummersStudio said...

Those resin goodies are fantastic. Your new bracelet is so happy and summer. Love it! Hope kiddo is doing better and that toe heals up soon.

Michelle said...

Hope you and your son are better today. Love the bracelet--Here I come Frankie & Annette!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Poor kiddo. :( It's rough being a kid.

LOVE the ruffled leaves! The colors are so dreamy, I am excited about what you are going to do with them.

Your bracelet makes me happy.